VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

vRO 7.3 versioning for resource elements not working... can't revert.

I'm using the versioning with resource elements and it doesn't appear to allow me to revert to a previous version.  I've never really versioned my resource elements but I'm doing some work where I am heavily using them now and want to have previous versions to fall back to.  Since I haven't used versioning here I couldn't say at what version this ever worked but this seems like a bug.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

By 'not working' do you mean that buttons like 'Diff' and 'Revert' are missing in version history dialog for resources?

I think it was always like that - revert was supported only for workflows and actions. Arguably, this can be viewed either as a bug or as a missing functionality.

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes, I mean there is no diff or revert button.  Kinda pointless if you can't at least revert.  Diff is likely difficult depending on the content of the resource.  In my case these are text objects so the diff would be handy.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hm. Just checked in my environment and is the same.

As Ilian pointed I believe it was never implemented for Resource element. The main use case was for Actions/Workflows 

Still kind of confusing to have it suggested like an option but buttons are missing.

You can open a ticket.

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks.  I'll open a case.  The versioning is still helpful since I at least know something has changed but being able to diff on text and images would be really nice and definitely reverting when needed.

0 Kudos