Czernobog
Expert
Expert

vRO 6 - AD Plugin - get AD Users' group membership

Jump to solution

I want to get the AD Users group membership using the plugin.

There are two methods I have tried and both fail:

ADUser.getAttribute("memberOf");

- this returns only the first group the AD user is the member of; In the AD the groups (group DNs) are separated by semicolons - why is only the first value returned?

var ADGroups = new Array();

ADGroups = ADUser.memberOf;

- this should return an array of AD:UserGroups, the number of returned groups is correct (checked with .length), but each value is null:

for each (ADGroup in ADGroups){

System.log(ADGroup.getAttribute("distinguishedName"));

}

output: TypeError: Cannot call method "getAttribute" of null

What would be the correct way to return an array of groups the Ad user is a member of?

Edit:

I've tried to use the newest 3.0.0 plugin from here too: Technical preview version of VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for Microsoft Active Directory

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Version 3.0.1 of the plugin containing fix for memberOf properties is available here Technical preview version of VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for Microsoft Active Directory

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks for trying out latest version of the plugin and providing feedback.

I just try out your code and received similar result when using User.memeberOf property.It looks like regression in version  3.0.0 of the plugin. I will open an internal issue and I will check it.

Meanwhile if you need the list of DN's stored in memberOf property you can try out following code

var ADGroups = new Array();

groupDns = user.getArrayAttribute('memberOf');

for each (dn in groupDns){

System.log("Group dn " + dn);

}

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Version 3.0.1 of the plugin containing fix for memberOf properties is available here Technical preview version of VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for Microsoft Active Directory

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

Thank you for to fast resolution, the new version works fine!

0 Kudos