VMware Cloud Community
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCloud plugin finder timeout

In my workflow presentation I'd like to have user type in a VM name and select it from a drop down list into array. I am using Array/vCloud:VM as input. However, vCO presentation search list is timing out with this error:

lookup error.png

vCenter plugin seems to be producing results but at this time I need to work with vCD objects.

Has anyone seen anything like this? (vCO 7.1/vCDplugin 5.5.1.2).

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you try to set the timeout on your vCloud hosts, using the scripting method

VclHost#setSocketTimeout( timeoutInMilliseconds );

0 Kudos
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have tried to set it through that call. But when printing the timeout value to console after the update, it did not change from default (20000 ms). I also tried to use "Update a connection" workflow from the plugin configuration workflow library. While it updated the value in plugin's general tab (set at 300000 now), that timeout error still persisted.

Also, the error is thrown right around 60 seconds, regardless of a connection timeout setting in the plugin. I have 7 hosts total and all their timeouts were increased. Their cache setting is at 0, not sure if that plays into this behavior.

For now I found another way to provide user with ability to enter a string for VM name and have some common utility actions do the search part, and return the object. 

0 Kudos