VMware Cloud Community
kpcongdon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter 6.7u1 - Is support for vRO workflows included in feature complete HTML client?

Has anyone seen any indication if vRO workflows will be supported with the 6.7u1 HTML client?  Did this make the cut now that VMware is indicating that the html client is 100% feature complete?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No, 6.7u1 HTML client doesn't have support for vRO workflow invocations.

Strictly speaking, this functionality is not part of the core HTML client (or older Flex client). Instead, there is a plug-in that integrates with the Web client and communicates with vRO server to expose certain vRO operations to be invoked from Web client UI. At the moment, there is only a Flex-based version of this vRO integration plug-in. HTML-based version is not available yet.

0 Kudos
jesse_cohen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

But is there an html5 plugin in the works?  is that even something being worked on and is there an ETA.  I assume 7.0 will remove the flex client, so there has to be a way to directly interact and launch VRO workflows.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The last info I had is that there are plans for HTML5 integration plug-in to be developed by another VMware team (not vRO team), so I cannot comment on when it will be publicly available. For detailed info, ETA, etc. please contact your VMware representative.

0 Kudos
gkostova
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The plan is to have this plug-in available for vSphere HTML5 client at Q2 2019 with the next major vSphere release.

0 Kudos
nikol
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Beta version of a vRO plug-in for HTML5 vSphere Client is out. See vRealize Orchestrator Plug-in for vSphere Client - Beta

0 Kudos
kwhornlcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looking at the beta plugin, wanted to know if support for 6.7 is just a matter of what's been tested, or has it been tried on 6.5 (up3) and not worked?

Any new word on when the plugin will be fully supported?

Thanks

0 Kudos