VMware Cloud Community
BillGedney
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter 6.7U2 / VRO 7.6 Orchestrator Client SSO Issue

So, when I try to SSO into the Orchestrator client from the :8281/vco/ page, it successfully redirects me to my vCenter SSO page, after a successful login, I get redirected to :8283/vco-controlcenter/saml/websso/sso with old Blue SSO screen, and an ${Message} and a button with the title ${backToLoginLabel}.

When I run a saml trace, I'm getting a http 401 error when trying to post the SAML payload to that same URL (vco-controlcenter/saml/websso/sso).

I rebuild my authentication to vCenter, but it didn't seem to have any impact.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I tried the same in my vCenter 6.7U2 / vRO 7.6 environment, and it seemed to work fine.

A couple of things to check:

• check log files (including access log files) for additional information
  • try the same steps with browser in incognito mode

BTW, is this a clean vRO 7.6 deployment, or an upgrade from previous version?

0 Kudos
VasilA
Contributor
Contributor

We had the same issue here today, a few days after an upgrade to vRO 7.6.

The solution:

1. Open the vRO "Control Center" by going to "server_name_or_IP:8281 and select "Start Control Center".

2. Log in as root, go to "Configure Authentication Provider" and click on "UNREGISTER" next to the host address.

3. After it is unregistered, register it back in, wait a minute and do a reboot.

This is what solved the issue for us, hope it helps someone else too!

0 Kudos
ZsoottheyTheHUN
Contributor
Contributor

Hello BillGedney,

the issue is still existing for you?

I have faced with the same issue and tried many many workarounds and "solutions". None of them was feasible for me but I found something strange.

The JAVA client worked without problem, only the HTML5 client was problematic. When I checked the logs identified that the timestamp is different than the real time, they were +6 mins ahead.

I checked the NTP settings and changed it to the same what the DCs and vCenter/PSC uses.

After that the HTML5 client started to work and it is still working.

Best regards: Zsolt

0 Kudos