VMware Cloud Community
MBaldwin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCO Installable vs Appliance

I'm sure this has been asked before, but why would I use the appliance over the Windows vCO installation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Marketing fluff away, one compelling reason to consider using vCO appliance at the moment is that the recent appliance versions (5.5U1 and newer) provide a local Maven repository with vCO plug-in SDK artifacts (plus other vCO binaries) so it is very easy to setup a proper development environment and start developing a vCO plug-in.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NiteeshM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This might be a dumb answer but as far as I know, VMware is trying to move out from windows environment by bringing their own LINUX based appliances into picture. They develop their appliances very much in compatible with their other vmware products. And also future support perspective.Smiley Wink

Spas_Kaloferov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For future supportability as VMware will develop  only the appliance based-products and to lower costs of products as you will not have to pay for Windows.

Best Regards / Поздрави Spas Kaloferov
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Marketing fluff away, one compelling reason to consider using vCO appliance at the moment is that the recent appliance versions (5.5U1 and newer) provide a local Maven repository with vCO plug-in SDK artifacts (plus other vCO binaries) so it is very easy to setup a proper development environment and start developing a vCO plug-in.

0 Kudos
MBaldwin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos