VMware Cloud Community
atuli
Contributor
Contributor

vCO AD plugin shows a truncated list of user objects under Inventory tab

Hi All,

I installed the AD plugin (version 1.0.3) at a customer. When going to the Inventory tab in vCO client, under Active Directory -> (LDAP Server)  I see the different OUs and Groups. When I expand the OU I am interested in, I only see a limited number of users in there. When I look at the AD console, there are still hundreds if not thousands of more users that should be showing up under that OU, but the vCO console does not show them all.

Is there a limitation on how many users in LDAP can be processed under a given OU when using the AD plugin in vCO?

Any other ideas why I am seeing this behavior?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atuli
Contributor
Contributor

If that helps, I counted 1000 user objects under that OU shown in vCO. And eventhough there are more objects seen in the AD console under that OU, vCO does not show them.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't think there is limitation in the AD plugin itself.You could try instead of browsing the inventory to retrieve the users within a script and print them in the console or just the number of retrieved users. My point is that it might be limitation of the vCO client inventory browser since there is not a lot of sense showing thousands of objects there if the user is not able to process them.

0 Kudos