VMware Cloud Community
vasudevu
Contributor
Contributor

vCO 5.5 plugin will work for vRO 6.0?

we have a plugin for vCO 5.5; it is working fine.

If I install the same vCO 5.5 plugin file (.dar file) in vRO 6.0 configuration page.  we could not receive configuration actions from vRO configuration screen.

Is there any change in plugin SDK or components used for plugin from 5.5 to 6.0?

If there is any SDK change can we get a link to download the vRO 6.0 plugin SDK?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What do you mean by 'could not receive configuration actions'? That configuration page of your plug-in is not showing at all, or something else? Are there exceptions in vRO server/configuration log files?

On your other question - when you deploy vRO 6.0 appliance, it will provide a hosted Maven repository containing vRO plug-in SDK (and other artifacts). The URL of this Maven repository is https://10.23.32.221:8281/vco-repo

0 Kudos
vasudevu
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for missing information.

My vRO plugin configuration page is defined in jsp file as form.  the destination methods for the actions in the form is mapped through struts.xml file;

the attributes of the form { like hostname, usename, password, etc.} are mapped to my classs which is derived using "com.opensymphony.xwork2.ModelDriven"  in plug-in code.

The problem is I am facing is that I am not able receive the values of the attributes, I am receiving  "null" for all the above form attributes in my class .  the same plugin code was working for vCO 5.5.

could you please help me or is any one faced the similar issue?

0 Kudos
KenanUnal
Contributor
Contributor

We have the exact issue. Did you able to fix your problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos