VMware Cloud Community
tough_siberian_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCO 5.1.1 - Multi-Node Plugin issue

Hello.

After vCO appliances upgrade, Multi-Node plugin refuses to launch remote workflows with error message: "Failed to start remote workflow execution".

I did a fresh deployment of both appliances with only Multi-Node plugin installed, and result is the same - it successfully adds remote vCO to inventory and generates proxy workflows for it, but when launching these proxies, gives the error message mentioned above.

The workflows I tried to execute were library workflows. For example I tried "/Library/Locking/Display all locks" and "/Library/vCenter/Datacenter/Rescan datacenter HBAs" when doing tests.

I also deployed two appliances with older version (vCO 5.1.0) and launched same tests with those instances. Tests complete successfully if both appliances are with older vCO versions. Remote execution works also if master host is with older version and slave host is with newer version, but not vice versa.

Has anybody seen this or maybe even resolved the issue?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I guess you are using "VMware vCenter Orchestrator Multi-Node Plug-in" version  5.1.0-59. This version was build to work against 5.1.0 and is not compatible with vCO 5.1.1

There is  a development preview version of the plugin compatible with vCO 5.1.1 that can be found here : https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-24862.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
aleksandarp
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Just to clarify you are experiencing problems with vCO version 5.1.1 right?

0 Kudos
tough_siberian_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Right. Its vCO appliance version 5.1.1 configured with SSO authentication.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I guess you are using "VMware vCenter Orchestrator Multi-Node Plug-in" version  5.1.0-59. This version was build to work against 5.1.0 and is not compatible with vCO 5.1.1

There is  a development preview version of the plugin compatible with vCO 5.1.1 that can be found here : https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-24862.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
tough_siberian_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That version seems to be working. Thanks.

0 Kudos