Hello, can anyone confirm whether or not webviews in vCO 4.2.1 (Windows version) allows for setting a default value using an action with upstream fields/inputs as parameters? It works fine for generating a pre-defined list of elements, but for some reason it doesn't work for a default value (string field, text box).
If I fill in the previous field and refresh the entire page it works - in an earlier version of vCO (vSphere 4.1) if I changed the previous field the text would auto update, no browser refresh required. This works fine via the thick client by the way.
Possibly a similar issue to this post related to a security change in 4.2? http://communities.vmware.com/message/1849034
I am having a similar issue but in both Perspectives and Webviews. My actions that I am using to autogenerate fields are not populating. Very odd. I can't seem to find anything as to why this is not happening. Doesn't seem to put out any errors or warnings.
This is a pb in vCO 4.2.1. A KB article is being written to provide a fix.
Also future 4.2.X updates and ne next major version of the product will not have this issue.
Do we have an ETA on the release of the KB? Just wondering because a few of my workflows are not working as designed due to this.
Sent from my iPhone
Just noticed it was already published here.
Thanks for the quick response, however, after downloading/installing the new patch and restarting vCO, I still get the same behavior. I tried multiple browsers with the same result.
Can anyone confirm if the patch works for them?
Oddly enough that seems to break webviews. I am now getting a 404 error trying to open a webview or perspectives.
Premature...sorry, like a dummy didn't check permissions on it. And I can verify that this does fix the issue.
I have a 4.2.1 Windows based server that required the updates... To address all my issues, I did the following:
to my vmo.properties file
and applied the files as outlined in these two KBs:
I stopped my config service and server service before making the changes above. After starting them back up, my server seemed good.
Sent from my iPhone
Hi James, I applied the changes per Burke suggested (thanks Burke!) for my Windows vCO installation, however now I'm getting the 404 error messages that you were referring to (also denied to log into the thick client). Do you mind sharing what permissions/etc you modified to get past this?
I am not 100% sure what the permissions would be on the Windows installation but I had to make sure that the file that was replaced was readable by the vco user. So in my case, it was permissions of 644, owner of vco, and group of vco.
Wow - not sure what happened there - backing out the patches still didn't help the login issue, and even uninstalling/re-installing vCO - I've somehow managed to corrupt that server to the point I can't log in. Luckily I had another Windows 2008 R2 VM and was able to install vCO and backup the config from the original machine and restore it to the new one, pointing to the same database. This time I only installed the patch from kb 2015178 and added the line below to vmo.properties. Success on login and the webview behavior is also working great, thanks everyone for the help, it's been a long week!