VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

vAPI documentation for com_vmware_cis_tagging_tag missing from the api explorer.

Is there something missing from the API explorer for com_vmware_cis_tagging_tag ?  It looks to be the scriptable object you use for the tag manager but I don't see any documentation.  I see from the code snippet below (from the sample workflow for listing the tags) it has a .list() method but I don't know what other properties or methods might be available.

if (endpoint == null) {

throw "'endpoint' parameter should not be null";

}

var client = endpoint.client();

var tagging = new com_vmware_cis_tagging_tag(client);

var result = tagging.list();

System.log(result);

Attached is a screenshot of what is in the api explorer related to tagging.

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 4.37.25 PM.png

Actually I guess I should add that there doesn't really seem to be any documentation on the vAPI plugin in the api explorer or in the vRO documentation.  The only docs are very light on configuring the plugin and although they list all of the object types there is no documentation for any of the scriptable objects that I can see.  I'll have to go back to the rest api and browse and see if I can make some sense of it.  These are the only scriptable objects that have any info

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 5.29.11 PM.png

Message was edited by: Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

When you import vAPI metamodel, you should get a bunch of vRO scripting objects, auto-generated for all vAPI services/structures/enumerations. The vAPI documentation is also fetched from vAPI metadata and attached to these scripting objects.

It seems that for some reason API explorer hasn't picked up the auto-generated scripting objects. You can try the following:

1) restart vRO service and check again if the scripting objects are shown in API explorer

2) if after restart the objects are still not listed there, try to execute some of the sample workflow that requires vAPI endpoint to be browsed and selected as an input, for example, 'List all metamodel services'. After the workflow completes, open again API explorer and check if the objects are there.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

When you import vAPI metamodel, you should get a bunch of vRO scripting objects, auto-generated for all vAPI services/structures/enumerations. The vAPI documentation is also fetched from vAPI metadata and attached to these scripting objects.

It seems that for some reason API explorer hasn't picked up the auto-generated scripting objects. You can try the following:

1) restart vRO service and check again if the scripting objects are shown in API explorer

2) if after restart the objects are still not listed there, try to execute some of the sample workflow that requires vAPI endpoint to be browsed and selected as an input, for example, 'List all metamodel services'. After the workflow completes, open again API explorer and check if the objects are there.

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Thanks Ilian!  I had run both the "List all tagging categories" and "List all tags" workflows several times.  Once I ran the "LIst all metamodel services" then the documentation filled in.  I just finished setting up a new 7.0.1 system and after adding the endpoint and importing the metamodel all the documentation is there.  Weird that it didn't fill in on the 7.0.0 system.  Thanks again for your support!  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos