VMware Cloud Community
Pierre78759
Contributor
Contributor

unexpected error 'ch.dunes.model.sdk.SDKFinderException: convertToResult()

I have implemented the 'Build vCenter Inventory' worflow which is one of workflows presented by VMware's  Brian Watrous in his http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator/ presentations.

I am getting the following errors:

(1) Variables tab, Exception:

Unable to convert object, 'Datacenter<datacenter-1965>' plugin exception reason : convertToResult() --> Finder 'VC:Datacenter' : unexpected error 'ch.dunes.model.sdk.SDKFinderException: convertToResult() --> Finder 'VC:Datacenter' : unable to invoke read method : 'name''

(2) Logs, Messages:

2013-04-01 12:04:04.776] [I] Workflow:Create datacenter / Create datacenter (item0) : ch.dunes.model.type.ConvertorException: Unable to convert object, 'Datacenter<datacenter-1965>' plugin exception reason : convertToResult() --> Finder 'VC:Datacenter' : unexpected error 'ch.dunes.model.sdk.SDKFinderException: convertToResult() --> Finder 'VC:Datacenter' : unable to invoke read method : 'name''

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

How do I need to proceed to troubleshoot the issue? I looked at the vSphere System logs, there are several log files and some of them are huge...

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
cdecanini_
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are other vCenter build in workflows working ?

If so try Brian Watrous's workflows with getting a package from here : http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-21582

Christophe.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for vCenter Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @vCOTeam on Twitter
0 Kudos
Pierre78759
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot Christophe for your reply.

I 've imported com.vmware.training.resources.package VERSION 2 into my Orchestrator before I posted my message. I would not have been to validate my "Build vCenter Inventory"  workflow if there had been a missing workflow or action element in my workflow. The problem occurs at run time obviously. So the question is " How do I troubleshoot the issue"?  I am obviously new to VMware and VCO, but I need to make progress fast!

Pierre

0 Kudos
manfriday
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I do not have an answer for you, but this error message does seem very similar to an error message I am getting regarding snapshots:

"Finder 'VC:VirtualMachineSnapshot' : unexpected error 'ch.dunes.model.sdk.SDKFinderException: convertToResult() --> Finder 'VC:VirtualMachineSnapshot' : unable to invoke read method : 'name''

Perhaps we are both dealing with the same bug. I reported it to VMWare.

I will let you know if they have anything useful to say.

Pierre78759
Contributor
Contributor

Jason, thanks for the feedback.

I'll appreciate it very much that you send me the result of your SR, since I have no clue as far as resolving this issue. I was not able to find useful hints in any of the server/system logs.

Pierre

0 Kudos
slahy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am also seeing this error in relation to creating snapshots.

"Finder 'VC:VirtualMachineSnapshot' : unexpected error 'ch.dunes.model.sdk.SDKFinderException: convertToResult() --> Finder 'VC:VirtualMachineSnapshot' : unable to invoke read method : 'name''

Did anybody find a solution or the cause of the problem ?

Sean

0 Kudos
bernardP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had also the message "ch.dunes.model.sdk.SDKFinderException:",

I couldn't see my Vcenter Inventory, I was having an issue with the Vcenter 5.0 Plugin (Error in Plugin...).  I corrected this by creating a Local User on my Vcenter and added it to the Administrators local group. Then I configured the Vcenter thhough VCO Server Configurator.

Hope this help

vco-conf.JPG

0 Kudos
jarviswmark
Contributor
Contributor

Hi manfriday,

Did you sort your issue?

I am getting the same issue when trying to list snapshots from a VM?

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos