VMware Cloud Community
yeayu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

supported plugin versions of a specific vRO release

Hello all,

I am struggling to identify what are all the plugin versions supported by a specific vRealize Orchestrator release or what are the vRealize Orchestator release versions supported by a specific plugin.

If we take as example one of the vRealize Orchestrator releases: 5.5.2, there is not anywhere in the release notes where I can see what plugin versions are supported by it: VMware vCenter Orchestrator Release Notes

I can see the plugin versions that it brings by default, but how do i know whether all the other plugins versions I am currently using will work?

Apart from that, if we now look at the release notes of one of the vRO plugins: VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for vCloud Automation Center Release Notes , I can see the following:

VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for vCloud Automation Center 6.1 | 9 September 2014 | Build 2073620

VMware vCenter Orchestrator 5.5.2 | 9 September 2014 | Build 1951762

Does it mean that this particular plugin version is only supported by vRO 5.5.2 when is used together with vCAC 6.1? if those versions mismatch, is it not supported?

As you can see, this is doing my head in... so any info you can share with me would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Usually, we try to keep plug-ins compatible across multiple vRO versions. But this is not always possible; for example, a plug-in could use a library to communicate with some external system(s) and that library could be tied to a particular version.

We have an internal vRO platform <-> plugin version interop table but AFAIK it is not publicly available yet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Usually, we try to keep plug-ins compatible across multiple vRO versions. But this is not always possible; for example, a plug-in could use a library to communicate with some external system(s) and that library could be tied to a particular version.

We have an internal vRO platform <-> plugin version interop table but AFAIK it is not publicly available yet.

0 Kudos
yeayu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok... definitely that was not the answer I was expecting Smiley Sad

My last shot then is to ask you whether you can you give me a hand to identify what vRO and vCAC plugin versions should I use (are compatible) with vCAC 6.0.1.1 - build 1720522.

- is vRO 5.5.2.1 compatible with it? if not, which one?

- what vRO vCAC plugin version should I use? 6.0.1? 6.0.1u1? 6.1? 6.2? VMware vRealize Orchestrator Plug-Ins Documentation

We currently have this vCAC version deployed and I am planing to deploy a new external vRO appliance.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
gmuleshkov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vCAC plugin 6.0.1and 6.0.1u1 should work with vCO 5.5.1

If you want to use vCO 5.5.2 the correct version of the plugin is 6.1

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Georgi

gmuleshkov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

A small addition to the comment above:

for vCAC 6.0.0 and 6.0.1 the recommended version of the plugin is 6.0.1 and it works on vCO 5.5.1. The embedded vCO in vCAC 6.0.1 is also 5.5.1 and the plugin is pre-installed there.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Georgi