VMware Cloud Community
adavid007
Contributor
Contributor

service account in vCO

Hi,

i'm new to vmware world so some of the things i say may be a little off, if you need additional explanation please ask.  i have to whole vcloud environment set up, what i having issues with is that lately i created a service account to manage accivities in vco since my regular user account passwd expired and broke everything. moving forward, i thought i should just just the service account to manage things. i added the user to the same admin group as my account but the problem i'm having is that the user is unable to log into vCO client.

any ideas will help please.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Welcome to the community.

Could you check in vCO logs what exactly is the error/exception you are getting when you try to log in?

adavid007
Contributor
Contributor

i finally figured out that the username/passwd combination was too long for vcac, which was creating an issue. so i fixed that and when i test the user in vco configurator it works just fine. but when i try to use the same user to log into vco client, it fails. i checked vco log and i see cannot login user: xxx, user unknown.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you using vCO embeded in vCAC or stand alone one?
Could you check the versions of vCO client (including the build number) with the version of vCO itself? they should mach (including the build number.)

0 Kudos