VMware Cloud Community
guyhanael
Contributor
Contributor

new plugin help

Hi

I wrote a new plugin for vco.

The plugin consist of a pacakge (action and configuration) and one java class.

The purpose of the class is to call a web service that my application publish when running a workflow.

When using the solar system example .i.e. adding my class as a "Scripting Object" to the vso.xml and class to the jar and deploying the dar ,

everthing works greate.

When I am using my own vco.xml , I can see the class and methods on the "API explorer", but when trying to perform new Object() on my new class I am getting an error that the class can not be intialized.

After my last post I also implemented the IPluginAdaptor and IPluginFactory and updated the vso.xml, but still the same error.(I see that the factory was created once altough the adapter is called several times).

I do not see a reason why I need to add an Inventory or finders. I do not have objects I want to run work flows on like in the solar system.

I just want to use the scripting object.

I am stuck !!!!!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
guyhanael
Contributor
Contributor

Still does not see any reason why the inventory and finders shhould have been declared , but after I added them to the vso.xml with some modifications to the objects it worked.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Finder objects basically comes into picture when has to define the relationships between different objects. Like in vCenter, there is parent and child relationships and in the solar system example, there is a relationship orbiting moons. If you need only the methods in the vCO and donot want to show the inventory structure and relationships, finders can be avoided.

0 Kudos