VMware Cloud Community
weda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

list of predefined elements regex

Hello,

at the moment I'm working on a workflow that provides a virtual machine, either from scratch or from template.

I want to do a selection of all templates (virtual machines) that contains "_Template".

I created a input parameter as a list of predefined elements using the action "GetAllVM'sMatchingRegexp"

So that is how it looks at the moment:

GetAction("com.vmware.library.vc.vm","getAllVMsMatchingRegexp").call( "(.*Template/ig)" )

But no results are shown. Maybe some can help me out with that?

Thanks and regards,

weda

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

I would suggest to duplicate the existing getAllVMsMatchingRegexp action to, let's say, getAllVMsMatchingRegexp2, and make a small modification to its scripting code to look like the following

// Get all Virtual Machines for all vCenter connections defined for this plugin

var allVms = VcPlugin.getAllVirtualMachines();

var vms = new Array();

// Check if the VM match the regexp

for (var i in allVms) {

if (allVms[i].name.match(new RegExp(regexp, "gi"))) {  // here is the only difference from the old action

vms.push(allVms[i]);

}

}

return vms;

Then, modify the list of predefined elements to use it

GetAction("com.vmware.library.vc.vm","getAllVMsMatchingRegexp2").call( "Template$" )   // will match the names ending with 'Template'

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

I would suggest to duplicate the existing getAllVMsMatchingRegexp action to, let's say, getAllVMsMatchingRegexp2, and make a small modification to its scripting code to look like the following

// Get all Virtual Machines for all vCenter connections defined for this plugin

var allVms = VcPlugin.getAllVirtualMachines();

var vms = new Array();

// Check if the VM match the regexp

for (var i in allVms) {

if (allVms[i].name.match(new RegExp(regexp, "gi"))) {  // here is the only difference from the old action

vms.push(allVms[i]);

}

}

return vms;

Then, modify the list of predefined elements to use it

GetAction("com.vmware.library.vc.vm","getAllVMsMatchingRegexp2").call( "Template$" )   // will match the names ending with 'Template'

0 Kudos
weda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi llian,

that was the trick, thanks alot.

0 Kudos