VMware Cloud Community
erwinVeliz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how may I create a simple virtual machine with cd rom in one newWorkflow

I have created a new workflow with simple virtual machine and added a cdrom workflow but an error is showed.

How can I re use the new virtual machine created for add it a new cdrom in one workflow

Captura.PNG

Help me please

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

First, you need only a single attribute of type VC:VirtualMachine, not two as on the screenshot. You don't need to specify its value; when the first workflow completes, its output should be assigned to this attribute, and then the assigned value should be passed as an input to the second workflow.

To verify/modify the bindings, open the first workflow for edit, go to the tab 'Visual bindings', and ensure that workflow output is line-connected to the attribute. Do the same for the second workflow and ensure that the attribute is line-connected to the corresponding input parameter.

Take a look at the attached workflow if you are unsure how the mappings should look like.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What error is shown, exactly? Most likely, you haven't connected the virtual machine that is output of the first workflow 'Create simple virtual machine' to the corresponding input of the second workflow 'Add CD-ROM'. This can be done by using an attribute. The steps are the following:

First, drop a workflow element for 'Create simple virtual machine' and click the 'Setup...' button. Go to the bottom of the promotion dialog (section 'Promote Workflow Output Parameters'), and change the mapping of 'newVM' parameter from Output to Local variable.

Then, drop a workflow element for Add CD-ROM workflow and click the 'Setup...' button. In the promotion dialog, make sure that mapping type of vm parameter is changed from Input to Value.

0 Kudos
erwinVeliz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Ilian,

What value may I put in these paremeters. I did everything you told me.

Captura.PNG

First is output from create simple virtual machine (local variable)

second is input from add cd-rom (value)

Help me

Thanks

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

First, you need only a single attribute of type VC:VirtualMachine, not two as on the screenshot. You don't need to specify its value; when the first workflow completes, its output should be assigned to this attribute, and then the assigned value should be passed as an input to the second workflow.

To verify/modify the bindings, open the first workflow for edit, go to the tab 'Visual bindings', and ensure that workflow output is line-connected to the attribute. Do the same for the second workflow and ensure that the attribute is line-connected to the corresponding input parameter.

Take a look at the attached workflow if you are unsure how the mappings should look like.

0 Kudos
erwinVeliz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Ilian

It works

Is it posible put system operating parameter?

I have create a windows server simple virtual machine with cd-rom but I need to put instalation paremeters in the same workflow.

Captura.PNG

thanks

0 Kudos