VMware Cloud Community
sanjaysy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how can we control Inputs in Presentation based on third party tool settings that are fetched by vRO action

folks,

I have a case where I want fetch settings from third party tool(REST host) and based on these settings I want to enable/disable/set default values of  vRO workflow inputs, I have script(action) which will fetch the settings of third party tool but I am wondering  where to call this action as I need these values in Presentation and how/where I can save these settings values(Kind of Map, key -> value pairs), appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

Sanjay

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jacksonecac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey,

Use your action to get a list of all your actions that you want available via REST and save those in a resourceElement as key/value pairs. Query this resourceElement as part of your presentation layer work and display the keys to the user. After the inputs are selected query the resourceElement again with the input's select to get the value of the key selected. You should find this article helpful:

http://manvsvcac.com/Articles/Lab_Resources_Round03.html

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jacksonecac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey,

Use your action to get a list of all your actions that you want available via REST and save those in a resourceElement as key/value pairs. Query this resourceElement as part of your presentation layer work and display the keys to the user. After the inputs are selected query the resourceElement again with the input's select to get the value of the key selected. You should find this article helpful:

http://manvsvcac.com/Articles/Lab_Resources_Round03.html

0 Kudos
sanjaysy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for pointing me to right blog. It's nicely explained and now I have an action that  can create Resource Element with third Party settings, but still I am not getting where I can call this action,  as I need these values  at presentation in order to control workflow inputs based on these values.

Thanks

Sanjay

0 Kudos
sanjaysy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Figured it out, what I did was put resource element in Presentation(hidden) and called the action at presentation that creates and returns the resource element and later querying the resource element while presenting other inputs.

Thanks a lot your help.

Sanjay

0 Kudos