VMware Cloud Community
jvm2016
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

exit maintenance mode_vRO

Hi llian,

good morning,

I have one inputparameter "esxiHost" of type vc:hostsystem and iam checking method to exit maintence mode.

pastedImage_0.png

i am trying to invoke this method and looking at api explorer as above could you suggest if (number) argument can be avoided .also do i need to typein:VcTask.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Why do you want to avoid number argument? If you do so, the backend code will receive 'undefined' for argument value, and it is not clear what will happen. In this case, you can simply pass value 0.

Not sure what you mean by needing to type VcTask. This is the type of the result returned when you execute this method, so you don't need to type it, just assign it to some variable like this:

var task = esxiHost.exitMaintenanceMode_Task(0); // task variable contains the method call result of type VcTask

Note that VcTask result type means the method execution is likely to take some amount of time, so if you want to wait until the task completes, you need to use the result variable to periodically check the status of the task. Usually, it is done using out of the box scripting action vim3WaitTaskEnd

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Why do you want to avoid number argument? If you do so, the backend code will receive 'undefined' for argument value, and it is not clear what will happen. In this case, you can simply pass value 0.

Not sure what you mean by needing to type VcTask. This is the type of the result returned when you execute this method, so you don't need to type it, just assign it to some variable like this:

var task = esxiHost.exitMaintenanceMode_Task(0); // task variable contains the method call result of type VcTask

Note that VcTask result type means the method execution is likely to take some amount of time, so if you want to wait until the task completes, you need to use the result variable to periodically check the status of the task. Usually, it is done using out of the box scripting action vim3WaitTaskEnd

0 Kudos
jvm2016
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks llian,

iam checking this .however right now lab vro hangs so i need to end process everytime from task manger.

i dont think there is alimit of dragging workflow elements in any workflow or is it there?

i have created a lengthy workflow to test a combined workflow and now each time tryy to drag more it hangs.

0 Kudos