VMware Cloud Community
Noemie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

don't understand how authentication provider work on vRO 7.5

Hello All,

As it"s mentionned inside the title, i don't really understand how the Authentication provider works on vRO.

I'm trying to make an AD group "vRO admin" as admin group on the authentication provider in order to give  them administrative right.

I can select my group, no problem but when i run "test login" ,with one menber of my vRO admin group it doesn't work, i got the message : "The user does not have administrative rights in vRealize Orchestrator. Login to the Orchestrator client depends on the user view permissions."

but after a lot of test, i discover that , if i set my ad user member of Administrator group on vCenter and change my Admin group to the administrator group, my test login works fine.

So i would like to know if it"s a normal behavior or if there is something wrong regarding my configuration.

Ps: I need those right to link my vRO with lifecycle manager.

Context :

AD group : vRO admin

AD user : vrslcm-vro-endpoint

vro version is 7.5

vcsa version is 6.5

AD User and group  are working fine, as i can be connected with on vro java console without issue.

test1.JPG

2nd test :

• set user vrslcm-vro-endpoint@lab65.local menber of vCenter Administrator group
  • Change Admin group to vSphere Administrator group

test2.JPG

Thansk in advance,

Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Noemie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I continued my test and just to share it with you, it's also work if you create a new  local group ( inside vsphere.local) and set your AD's vRO admin group inside.

I tested it and users inside vRO admin group have administrative rights.

so it's seems it's not possible to set an AD group directly into Admin group on vRO provider even if vRO found it.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Noemie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I continued my test and just to share it with you, it's also work if you create a new  local group ( inside vsphere.local) and set your AD's vRO admin group inside.

I tested it and users inside vRO admin group have administrative rights.

so it's seems it's not possible to set an AD group directly into Admin group on vRO provider even if vRO found it.

Regards,

0 Kudos