VMware Cloud Community
Aristizabal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

customizing vCO presentation (Hide/Show parameters)

Hello,

I am trying to customize a vCO workflow presentation so I can hide/show input parameters to the user depending on another value selected during the presentation.  The user has an input parameter string called "Zone" that is populated from a pre-defined list, so it can only have values X and Y. If I want to hide/show another input during the presentation I see that you can add a property "Show Parameter Input" and there is a pencil icon with the description "Help editing OGNL". Does anybody know how to construct this expression so I show or hide the input parameter based on the "Zone" value?

Thank you,

Juan.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Just click on the text box containing the value of 'Show parameter input' property (on the left of the button with pencil icon) and type the following:

#Zone == "X"

This will evaluate to true when the value of the Zone input parameter (#Zone) is equal to string value "X", thus making your second input parameter visible if the value of the first parameter is X, and hidden if the value of the first parameter is Y.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Just click on the text box containing the value of 'Show parameter input' property (on the left of the button with pencil icon) and type the following:

#Zone == "X"

This will evaluate to true when the value of the Zone input parameter (#Zone) is equal to string value "X", thus making your second input parameter visible if the value of the first parameter is X, and hidden if the value of the first parameter is Y.

0 Kudos
Aristizabal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Works perfectly!, I appreciate the quick answer.

0 Kudos