VMware Cloud Community
Naumishe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Workflow "Add an organization" doesn't return vCLOUD:Organization object

Hello everybody!

I just started work with Orchestrator and meet some disappoint situation.

When I use standard workflow "Add an organization" (version 0.0.43) all works fine and organization is creates, but on the next step I doesn't receive object vCloud:Organization.

I duplicated this standard workflow and add two rows for debug in last element "Return organization".

So now it has 3 rows:

org = adminOrg.toUserObject();

Server.Log(org);

System.Log(org);

Now if I run this  duplicated workflow organization created and I got this error:

TypeError: Cannot find default value for object (Workflow:test_add_org / Return organization (item3)#1)

Also I see on Variables tab that adminOrg variable is "Not found" and variable org is "Not set"

I really want to learn how to use orchestrator and I hope the community will help me learn how to debug such problematic situations.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Naumishe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Iliann, new version of plugin doesn't help.

I realized what was a mistake. That error on the api url.

I have 2 node of vcd that I added to plugin.

{url}-cd1.{prefix}

{url}-cd2.{prefix}

Both of them have been published over lbs - {url}.{prefix} and this address is listed at them as a path to API.

So when I add just one address {url}.{prefix} to configuration of plugin and use it in workflow - everything works fine.

Sorry that raised the buzz around workflows. But they have really unclear errors and exception.

And Iliann thanks for help and for your advices and directions to logs Smiley Happy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

'Cannot find default value ...' error is because of the incorrect syntax of your Javascript code.

Instead of

Server.Log(org);

System.Log(org);

it should be  (note the log() methods are with lowercase l)

Server.log(org);

System.log(org);

Naumishe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Madly ashamed.

Yes. You are right. If I use System.log it write and no error appears. But...

if I create workflow that concist of

workflow from my first message (duplicated workflow "Add an organization" and additional Scriptable task for logging)

and

Scriptable task:

System.log(orgname);

Server.log(orgname);

where "orgname" is binding to attribute "org", that I binding with output of first workflow

in Logs I will see two rows:

DynamicWrapper (Instance) : [VclOrganization]...... - this is output from duplicated workflow

notfound - this is output from Scriptable task that get vCloud:organization variable from pipeline.

So, I doesn't get variable vCloud:organization from my workflow and can use it in next step...

I think I make some simple mistake (like Log and log) but I can't see where it is.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Could you attach the actual workflow(s)?

0 Kudos
Naumishe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Both of them in attachment

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Bindings look OK to me.

Perhaps vCloud plug-in code fails to find the proper organization object when entering scripting task item. I'd suggest to check vRO log files (server.log in particular) for exceptions/errors.

0 Kudos
Naumishe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ilian, there are some mistakes in wrapper-server.txt file.

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2015/09/09 22:16:14 | 2015-09-09 22:16:13.960+0300 [8f229ef122b3b8c3e9633220449e3214948a214c7f690834d68502981038.data] ERROR {} [DiskStorageFactory] Disk Write of {my_url}/org/237768e0-3614-4b04-bd89-0fd87fa0f860 failed:

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2015/09/09 22:16:14 | java.io.NotSerializableException: com.vmware.vcloud.sdk.Organization

and

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2015/09/09 22:16:13 | 2015-09-09 22:16:13.936+0300 [http-bio-192.168.123.4-8281-exec-45] WARN  {} [VCloudPluginFactory] Host '{my_url}:443' is unknown. Please, check the public API URL in vCloud Director.

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2015/09/09 22:16:13 | Sep 09, 2015 10:16:13 PM com.vmware.vcloud.sdk.RestUtil get

Second mistake I will resolve tomorrow. But I don't know how it creates organizations without access to api...

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If I recall correctly, there were some issues in vCloud plug-in related to object serialization.

Which vRO version and vCloud plug-in version do you use? I think there were technical preview builds of vCloud plug-in with fix for serialization issues posted here in this forum on 'Documents' tab https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/vcenter/orchestrator/content?filterID=contentstatus[pu...

0 Kudos
Naumishe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vmware vCenter Orchestrator 5.5.2

vCloud Plugin 5.5.0

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Check if this technical preview build of vCloud plugin will fix the problem - https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-26474

Just in case, before deploying this new plug-in build, please make a snapshot or backup your current vCO installation.

0 Kudos
Naumishe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Iliann, new version of plugin doesn't help.

I realized what was a mistake. That error on the api url.

I have 2 node of vcd that I added to plugin.

{url}-cd1.{prefix}

{url}-cd2.{prefix}

Both of them have been published over lbs - {url}.{prefix} and this address is listed at them as a path to API.

So when I add just one address {url}.{prefix} to configuration of plugin and use it in workflow - everything works fine.

Sorry that raised the buzz around workflows. But they have really unclear errors and exception.

And Iliann thanks for help and for your advices and directions to logs Smiley Happy.

0 Kudos