VMware Cloud Community
vgprash24
Contributor
Contributor

Work flow for rebooting linux server

i am new to vRO 7.6, i need to reboot the linux servers (5 servers) 

how should i need to create a workflow ? is there any already available work flow available ?

And if i create my workflow, where should i need to provide the list of server names

please help me 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are these Linux servers VMs that are managed by our vCenters and visible in your vRO? If yes, check the workflows under Library > vCenter > Virtual Machine management > Power Management, for example, Reboot guest OS and Reset virtual machine and wait

As for the list of server names, you have several options. You can provide it as input parameter of your workflow (so the user will be able to choose the servers when the workflow is launched). Or you can define the names in a configuration (or resource) element, that your workflow will read as a first step when launched.

0 Kudos
vgprash24
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the response!

Do i need to update my server name in input/output area? could you please give me the actuall place where and how should i need to provide the server names ?

sorry for the question, since i am very new to vro 7.6 i am not sure on that 

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The place is a bit different, depending on whether you want to have the list of servers as input parameter or as configuration element.

I'd suggest to spend some time going through some introductory materials for vRO available online. For example, Brian Watrous has some nice YouTube videos covering vRO basics, including basic operations in vRO client like creating workflows, input parameters, variables, etc.

0 Kudos