VMware Cloud Community
BlueDevilDan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where is the Solar System example

The Developer's guide for the Orchestrator says that the sample Solar System plugin is available from the Orchestrator documentation download page. I do not find that it is there. Is there a location that this example plugin code is available?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stuartclements
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hello all,

The examples package is back online at http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/orchestrator_pubs.html. Some of the paths and filenames in the package have changed, and the Developer's Guide has been updated to reflect these changes.

Again, many thanks for your patience in this matter.

Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
stuartclements
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hi Dan,

We've found a couple of problems with the examples bundle and have had to pull it from the Web temporarily. We're working on fixing these problems now, and will put the examples back up ASAP.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Stuart

BlueDevilDan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. Just trying to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

0 Kudos
stuartclements
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hi Dan,

We'll have the examples back online in the next couple of days. I'll post a message here as soon as they are back up.

Thanks again for your patience.

stuart

0 Kudos
pwyzorski-wyzgu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Stuart,

Is there an update on this?

regards,

~Patrick

Don't forget if the answers help, award points

0 Kudos
stuartclements
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hi Patrick,

My apologies. Fixing the problems in the samples took a little longer than expected. I'm currently updating the Developer's Guide to reflect the changes in the samples. Both the samples and the updated Developer's Guide will be online before the end of this week.

Again, thank you for your patience.

stuart

0 Kudos
pwyzorski-wyzgu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you telling me that the Developer's Guide is not accurate when it comes to how to setup an Orchestrator project? If so then this is really a problem.

I'm a VAC working on an Orchestrator project right now for a major client. We are scheduled to have working code by weeks end. We went with Orchestrator/vSphere 4.0 with the assumption that it was ready. This assumption was based upon the fact that both have been released now for over a month.

Sorry, but I will have to esculate this on my end with our VMware account manager. We really need some working code samples and accurate documentation now.

regards,

~Patrick

0 Kudos
stuartclements
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hi Patrick,

We have had to change the file structure of the samples package. The Developer's Guide gave the filenames and paths of the old examples bundle, so we had to update them accordingly to match the new examples. That's the only issue.

The new package is going through final testing now and we will post it ASAP.

Again, my apologies for all this.

stuart

0 Kudos
stuartclements
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hello all,

The examples package is back online at http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/orchestrator_pubs.html. Some of the paths and filenames in the package have changed, and the Developer's Guide has been updated to reflect these changes.

Again, many thanks for your patience in this matter.

Stuart

0 Kudos