VMware Cloud Community
carl1
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What is the argument to the AD_Computer destroy() method

Does anyone know what the argument to the AD_Computer.destroy(boolean) does?  Should I pass true or false when destroying a computer OU?  The API explorer really doesn't say anything and Google can't seem to find anything for me.  I have tried both true and false and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,
Carl L.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

This argument is a flag to request destroy/delete operation to be applied recursively. That is, when the flag is set to true, it will delete an entry and all subordinate entries in a single operation.

Note that this method is a base method, reused not only by AD_Computer type, but also by other types like AD_OrganizationalUnit. It is possible that for some of these types recursive deletion does not make much sense (eg. if an entry of a given type does not have sub entries); in this case, the value of the flag is ignored.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

This argument is a flag to request destroy/delete operation to be applied recursively. That is, when the flag is set to true, it will delete an entry and all subordinate entries in a single operation.

Note that this method is a base method, reused not only by AD_Computer type, but also by other types like AD_OrganizationalUnit. It is possible that for some of these types recursive deletion does not make much sense (eg. if an entry of a given type does not have sub entries); in this case, the value of the flag is ignored.

0 Kudos