VMware Cloud Community
rishabmehta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

WebView Removed from vRO

Hi All

I have a workflow that uses send interaction to get approval by mail.

The workflows works fine on vCO 5.5.

I recently migrated it to vRO 6.0 and following is the error I get.

Wrapped java.lang.RuntimeException: WebView are removed since 6.0. getAnswerUrl() is no longer valid (Workflow:Send interaction / Send Email with User Interact (item0)#3)

I understand WebView has been removed from 6.0 onwards but what is the alternative if any that has been introduced.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
8 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

since vRO 6.0 dropped webviews and SOAP api all that is left is the REST api. It's good though Smiley Wink

You can find the documentation on your vRO server itself:

https://vro-ip:8281/vco/api/docs/index.html

and here:

http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-60/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vrealize-orchestrator-60-develop-web-s...

koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear,

I would like to implement the same thing in vRO7 using REST API and user interaction by Email.

Did you implement the same at your end ? Please help me out to implement the same at my end.

Thanks,

Koushik

0 Kudos
rishabmehta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Koushik,

We were using WebView for Approvals in our flows. Since it was removed we migrated to vRA's Approval process for all our flows. You could do the same for your flows if that is the case or you could also use user interactions in vRO which will show up as User Input in vRA.

As for the mail, I am sure it is possible but I haven't worked on the same so I will not be able to comment on that.

Hope this helps.

-Rishab

0 Kudos
koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Rishab, Yes, there is an option for vRA 7 approval process. But in my scenario, the approver can be external one ( they may not be present under the BG/vRA groups). They are all external employee and their details are present in the different SQL DB. I need to search the Approver email from that SQL DB via query and then I need to send the Email to that email ID. That's why I am thinking about if I can include the Approve/Reject Link in that mail. I found some blogs they are suggesting to use REST API for this purpose, but I am still looking for that thing to be implemented.

Thanks,

Koushik

0 Kudos
rishabmehta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Koushik,

Another way could be using ServiceNow for approval for example.

This post has through steps on how to do that.

https://virtualviking.net/tag/vra/

-Rishab

0 Kudos
koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Rishab, unfortunately we are not using any ticketing tool ( ServiceNow, etc). Yes, I checked that blog earlier. It's useful for that kind of implementation.

So, right now we are planning to implement the approval process via manual email interaction.

Thanks,

Koushik

0 Kudos
rishabmehta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hmmm. I am sure what you are trying is implementable, but beyond that I personally haven't got a clue. You could open a new question here, I am sure a lot of people might be able to help you.

-Rishab

'

0 Kudos
koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Rishab, Already post a question but not getting any response.

How to generate inline POST rest URL grammatically for user interaction in VRO 7 workflow ?

Thanks,

Koushik

0 Kudos