VMware Cloud Community
rajuroks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Virtual Machine form Properties

Hi All, I am trying to create a work flow from "Virtual Machine form Properties " how to provide input for these properties, please provide an example. VCO 5.1

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ChristianWehner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

this is how you can add a property to Properties object:

var myProperties = new Properties() ;

myProperties.put( "propertyName",propertyValue );

Where propertyName is a string which describes the property and propertyValue is any object you want to add to the myProperties object.

To return the value back from the Properties you use:

propertyValue = myProperties.get( "propertyName" );

Which return the propertyValue you provided for propertyName.

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
rajuroks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

how to give input from user interaction?

0 Kudos
ChristianWehner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

this is not possible at the moment

0 Kudos
rajuroks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is what I am getting if I am using default "Clone Virtual machine from properties. I want to input all the values like folder/cpu/mem/cluster TypeError: Cannot call method "get" of null (Workflow:Raju_Clone virtual machine from properties / Get VMware values (item1)#12758)

0 Kudos
ChristianWehner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I think you don't provided the properties which are needed to run the workflow. Here you will see the properties you need:

Re: Clone VM with properties

0 Kudos
rajuroks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

is there any way other than properties? I want to manually input cpu,ram details in my workflow.

0 Kudos
ChristianWehner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

of course there is Smiley Happy

Build your own workflow, where as input parameter you ask for all the necessary informations you need to run "Virtual Machine form Properties" wf. Then put them all into a Properties object and run the wf "Virtual Machine form Properties" within your new created wf and thats it Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
rajuroks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

any blog on this I am totally confused how to create input parameters and link them to "Virtual Machine form Properties"

0 Kudos