Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VcPlugin.getAllDatastores failed

When trying to fetch all datastores information

the following line is causing an execption :

var datastores = VcPlugin.getAllDatastores(null, xpath);

and xpath having a right value of "xpath:name='CCU_OS_SAN_MDIP05"

I got the below error and It was working some days ago!!

Unexpected status code: 503 (Workflow:TMP / Internal variable assignation (item0)#34)'

and i tried the same code on different vRO environemnt and i get the below error :

Error in (Workflow:TMP / Internal variable assignation (item0)#34) java.lang.RuntimeException: (vim.fault.InvalidLogin) {

faultCause = null,

faultMessage = null

}

[2019-04-22 08:22:11.257] [E] Workflow execution stack:

item: 'TMP/item0', state: 'failed', business state: 'null', exception: 'java.lang.RuntimeException: (vim.fault.InvalidLogin) {

faultCause = null,

faultMessage = null

} (

which login it's refering??

any clue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Status 503 is Service Unavailable, which means that some service on vCenter appliance is down.

Is this a production environment? If not, I'd suggest to try to restart the vCenter appliance and then try again. Also, there could be some additional info in vCenter log files, although I'm not sure which log file exactly to check.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

This InvalidLogin error is about the login to vCenter server.

How is your vRO plug-in configured - with 'session per user' or 'shared session' mode? Also, what type of authentication vRO is configured with, and what kind of user you used to login to vRO and execute this workflow?

Also, which versions of vRO / vCenter plug-in are these?

0 Kudos
oscaralvarez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Llian and thanks for replying!!

We added the vcenter as shared unique session.

vRO authentication is done via Active Directory based on groups

I execute the workflow with a AD user which has View, Execute, Inspect and Edit permissions

One question comes to my mind right now.. can we have 2 different vro servers connected to the same Vcenter using shared unique session method???

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, you can have multiple vRO servers connected to the same vCenter server.

0 Kudos
oscaralvarez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

tried to run the built-in getAllDatastores action. and it;s failing as well!!

[2019-04-23 06:39:43.184] [E] (com.vmware.library.vc.datastore/getAllDatastores) Error in (Dynamic Script Module name : getAllDatastores#0) com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.UnexpectedStatusCodeException: Unexpected status code: 503

[2019-04-23 06:39:43.199] [E] Workflow execution stack:

item: 'PLUGINFAILING/item4', state: 'failed', business state: 'null', exception: 'com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.UnexpectedStatusCodeException: Unexpected status code: 503'

what needs to be checked?? all vcenters seems connected fine in the plugin configuration.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Status 503 is Service Unavailable, which means that some service on vCenter appliance is down.

Is this a production environment? If not, I'd suggest to try to restart the vCenter appliance and then try again. Also, there could be some additional info in vCenter log files, although I'm not sure which log file exactly to check.

0 Kudos
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If you go into the vRO Inventory can you browse and refresh the content of each VCenter entry? This is usually my first check if I get this type of error

0 Kudos
oscaralvarez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

yes. Vcenter looks good. i'm able to browse the datastores in the plugin panel. 😞

0 Kudos
oscaralvarez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have reconnected the vcenters and now it's working fine. 🙂

thanks!!

0 Kudos