VMware Cloud Community
TomJPie
Contributor
Contributor

VRO Scheduler is not running/stopped triggering jobs.

vRealize Orchestrator 8.4.1 (18036498)

We have many scheduled jobs. There was recently an issue with the platform (certificate related) - I'm not 100% sure what occurred as I'm not responsible for the platform but I'm a consumer/user of it. Anyway, the problem was resolved (new certs?), orch rebooted and seemingly everything is now working as normal.

Fast forward, we just noticed that none of our scheduled jobs have been running, looks like they all last run on the day we had issues. I created a brand new scheduled job and it's working fine, but the previously created ones are just stuck. 

I've seen similar issues on older versions of VRO but usually the schedules themselves had a warning associated to indicate an issue.

On this instance there's no visible indication that things are wrong, other than the jobs just not triggering.

Any ideas why this may have happened?

Personally I feel like there's an oversight with the application - this should not occur. If there is a genuine problem with the scheduler the application should be able to highlight that some action is required by the user/administrator as a minimum.

Also I would appreciate guidance on if there's any method to resolve this without having to re-create all of our schedules, there's lots of custom schedules and input variables for each one so it would be quite time consuming to do.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crakeen
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here, did you get a solution?

0 Kudos
TomJPie
Contributor
Contributor

certainly not from VMware (as expected). Ended up manually recreating all my schedules, luckily we have an in house powershell module (to interact via REST) and managed to do this without too much time consuming work.

I have many gripes with this platform, even down to the lack of quality control and testing for simple UI bugs that made their way into production.

0 Kudos
Crakeen
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up doing the same but in my case no more than 20 jobs so i do it one by one

ty

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
imtrinity94
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I hope that it was not due to the credentials with which the Workflows were scheduled got expired. As it is a known issue where expired creds cause the scheduled jobs to be in pending state and doesn't actually run. No error nothing, you have to delete them and reschedule. I think in version 8.9+, there is now even a way to refresh your creds directly on the scheduled job.

Mayank Goyal
vRO Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mayankgoyal1994/
https://cloudblogger.co.in/