ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VRO 7.3 ControlCenter in a Load Balanced Environnement

Hello all,

I recently upgraded from 7.2 to 7.3.

Went through the upgrade doc, and it was specified that I had to:

- Unregister the connection with the PSC

- Configure the Load Balanced name of my instance, instead of the real name of the server.

- Register the connection with the PSC

Everything went okay, then after that if I try to access the Control Center, I go to usual URL, which now gets redirected to the PSC SSO page, type in my AD Account.

Then the page stays there forever in my prod, and preprod it eventually connect. And at the bottom of the browser it says that its Waiting for the vroservername...

My first thought was that some ports might be missing between the psc and vro ? Anyone has found a port mapping that is required between a VRO and PSC Server ?

I can't access the firewall logs because I don't have access to it. But from what I was told, nothing is blocked.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
popove
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

How your load balancer is being configured to work with the sessions when balancing towards the control center port 8283? It should be configured with sticky session or equivalent depending on the load balncer you are using.

0 Kudos
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Well, initially I believe that the load balancing guys only configured something on port 8281. And I don't recall anything about port 8283 in the doc for the vip. On port 8281, its configured as sticky yes.

So port 8283 is also load balanced ? And there's no work around to access the Control center per host ? This would mean that if my second host is down, but still need logs or something, or need to start the service I won't be able ? Since the connection would be forwarded to the node that is up.

I could start the service via ssh yes, but as a security measure the security team asked us to disable the ssh port, so its not a good option for me. I would have to open the port start the service... and even then, if I choose to run on only one node, so its stays in standby I won't be able to access the Control Center ?

Unless there's something I did not understand! Smiley Happy

Thanks!

0 Kudos