VMware Cloud Community
DLGM
Contributor
Contributor

VRO 7.1 granting custom set of permissions

I am looking for a way to edit group permissions

in way that its members will be able to execute and view all workflows in the VRO and also will be able to see executions of other users, but won't be given with administrative rights And won't be able to edit workflows. Access rights disn't help me because unless I gave the group admin access right, the users could not see executions of other users.

p.s I'm glad I joined this community today and I will be happy to learn a lot from you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Welcome to the community.

You can grant execute and view permissions to your group on the root node in workflow tree. AFAIK, there is no permission allowing users to see each others executions (arguably, this could be a security issue).

0 Kudos
DLGM
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer.

If we are talking about a group with operational purpose, if we don't want them to be able to edit stuff in the vro but only see results of running workflows and also the ability to run them, what will be the best solution? The development team is also running workflows and we want the operational group to see our executions.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vRO client is not designed to be used as operator front-end application; it is a developer tool.

One possible option is for your team to implement a custom operator portal application communicating with vRO server via vRO REST API, but this would be a non-trivial amount of work

0 Kudos