VMware Cloud Community
bussdw
Contributor
Contributor

VMO Configuration Issue with LDAPS

I'm trying to get VMO working with our Active Directory environment, which only acceps LDAPS connections. When VMO tries to connect to AD, I receive the following error: "Unable to connect to LDAP server. Simple bind failed <server ip:port>"

A few questions:

1. When connecting to AD, the username can follow the same format as if one were logging into Active Directory normally, right? (i.e. using the format of <username> as opposed to )

2. Do any SSL certs need to be imported into VMO in order for binding to occur successfully when using LDAPS?

Any assistance would be appreciated. The wall in my cube is starting to get a dent from where my head keeps banging against it. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You will need to import the SSL Certificate(s) from your Active Directory server(s). You can do this either from a url or from a file.

There is a check box to indicate that your LDAP server(s) use SSL. Be sure to check that.

Also make certain the LDAPS port number in use is correct. Normally the port number is 636 but check with your AD administrator.

Then you must restart the VMO Configuration Server.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Moved to VMware Orchestrator community.

Robert Dell'Immagine, Director of VMware Communities

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Bill was right. Just adding a small information: you can import certs in configuration tool using the network tab, then the second tab (SSL Certificate)

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

No answer for a long time. Assuming Answerd

0 Kudos