VMware Cloud Community
HiteshSujanani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCO workflow for thin/thick disk VM provisioning based on Condition

Hi,

please assist

I am trying to create a workflow for a new VM to have disk Thin/thick based on input.

For instance the workflow should build a VM with thick eager disk if the input is 'x'.. the workflow should build a VM with Thin disk if the input is 'y'.

please assist.. Any input or assistance is appreciated. Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Not sure what you mean by 'can't find anything specified'. thinProvisioned is an input parameter to the action so whichever code calls this action will provide the actual true/false value. For example, this action is called in Add disk workflow, and this workflow also has thinProvisioned input parameter, so when the user starts the workflow, it will show a presentation where one of the input fields will allow the user to select Yes/No (on page 'Disk information'), and the value user selects will be propagated to the actual action call parameter.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Check the code of scripting action com.vmware.library.vc.vm.spec.config.device/createVirtualDiskFlatVer2ConfigSpec ; it shows how to specify thin vs thick provisioning using a boolean property.

You can also check how this action is invoked by some out-of-the-box workflows, eg. Library > vCenter > Virtual Machine management > Device Management > Add disk.

HiteshSujanani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi llian,

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the scripting action and see that there is an input for thin provisioning but apart from that can't find anything specified(True/False). Also checked the workflow mentioned but not too clear for me.

I'm Relatively new!!! Apologies if I'm missing something... Kindly assist. Thanks

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Not sure what you mean by 'can't find anything specified'. thinProvisioned is an input parameter to the action so whichever code calls this action will provide the actual true/false value. For example, this action is called in Add disk workflow, and this workflow also has thinProvisioned input parameter, so when the user starts the workflow, it will show a presentation where one of the input fields will allow the user to select Yes/No (on page 'Disk information'), and the value user selects will be propagated to the actual action call parameter.

0 Kudos