Thanks to the "Any" Storage Profile handling in vCloud 5.1, we have well over 200 datastores that show up in vCloud now (local datastores get pulled into the Any profile by default on upgrading to 5.1). Now I am attempting to select a datastore as input to a VCO workflow (using the VCO client), and it is only showing a subset of the datastores. I counted 128 that actually show up in the list. I tried adjusting the Presentation of the workflow to "Select value as" list instead, but that way it won't actually show any datastores at all. It must also be timing out or going over some internal limit. Is this a default limit that is set somewhere?
When you select "Select value as" and open the workflow. Do you type something in the filter ?
Also check what you have in your vCO client / Tools / User preferences / Finder Maximum size.
Thanks for the response. Yes, I tried typing the full name of a known datastore, as well as just a single letter (and then removing it which should then return all results). In my DEV system with only 3 datastores, "Select value as" list is really, really slow, but it does actually return results. In production, it never returns anything using the same workflow.
I checked the Finder Maximum setting and it was set to the default of 20. (Even though over 100 were showing up in the tree view). I tried changing it to 250 and restarting the client (not the server), and this did not seem to have any effect on the datastore listings.
I'm considering writing the workflow input as a text field so I can use the query service to programatically locate the datastores instead, but this is obviously not ideal due to typos, etc. I'd much prefer to use the standard GUI support if I can get it working, so let me know if there are any other ideas.