VMware Cloud Community
Mohammad1982
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VCO unable to pull the information from the VC server

Hi All,

I have installed the VCO in our environment. When I open the VCO client and connect to the VCO server it gets connected and shows the window which we normally get. It shows configurations, workflows etc. If I wanted to create a work flow and when I select the inbuilt VC workflows to create a VM, the window opens and gives me wizard to create a workflow, In the wizard I type Vm name and then go to next field to select the VM folder. When I click setup here I dont get the VC information, It doesnot show the VC name. No information about the VC server.

None of the workflows show the information about the VC.

Can any one please help me with this, What might be causing the issue?

Any help is highly apprecited

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Mohammad Wasim
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

In Orchestrator Web Configuration, if you specified the vCenter Server using a FQDN instead of the IP address, be sure that Orchestrator can resolve the FQDN of vCenter Server. The DNS configuration is a critical aspect of vCenter Server.

I use the IP address to register the vCenter Server in Orchestrator and i don't have any problem. I attach some screenshots.

Regards / Saludos

-

Patricio Cerda !http://www.images.wisestamp.com/linkedin.png!

VMware VCP-410

Join to Virtualizacion en Español group in Likedin

See My Blog

See My Linkedin Profile

-

Si encuentras que esta o cualquier otra respuesta ha sido de utilidad, vótalas. Gracias.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct. Thank you.

Regards / Saludos - Patricio Cerda - vExpert 2011 / 2012 / 2013

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

If you scroll down to the bottom of the list of configuration tabs in the vCenter Orchestrator Configuration interface, you will see a plug-in named vCenter 4.0. That is the area where you will need to add a vCenter Server host with which vCenter Orchestrator will communicate. Without performing this task, vCenter Orchestrator will work, but it will not be able to automate tasks within vCenter Server.

In this tab, you have to follow this steps:

- Click the New VirtualCenter Host tab

- From the Available drop-down list, select enable

- In the Host text box, supply the FQDN of the vCenter Server computer you are adding.

- Under the heading Specify The User Credential For The Administrator Session, specify an administrative username and password for this vCenter Server instance.

- Under the heading Specify Which Strategy Will Be Used For Managing The Users Logins, select Share a Unique Session, and then supply a username and password to be passed to vCenter Server

- Click Apply Changes.

You will note that after you click the Apply Changes button, the vCenter 4.0 status indicator and the Startup Option status indicator changes to red. In order for vCenter Orchestrator to work with vCenter Server over an SSL connection, you must also import the vCenter Server SSL certificate.

Regards / Saludos

-

VMware VCP-410

See My Blog

See My Linkedin Profile

-

Si encuentras que esta o cualquier otra respuesta ha sido de utilidad, vótalas. Gracias.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct. Thank you.

Mohammad1982
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I have added the VC host already. but still it is not working.

After you posted the reply I removed the VC and added it back again imported the SSL certificates again, still no luck.

It doesnot pull the VC info, it is not even getting the name of the VC.

Please some one help. I have been doing this since last week and not found the answer yet.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Mohammad Wasim
0 Kudos
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

In Orchestrator Web Configuration, if you specified the vCenter Server using a FQDN instead of the IP address, be sure that Orchestrator can resolve the FQDN of vCenter Server. The DNS configuration is a critical aspect of vCenter Server.

I use the IP address to register the vCenter Server in Orchestrator and i don't have any problem. I attach some screenshots.

Regards / Saludos

-

VMware VCP-410

See My Blog

See My Linkedin Profile

-

0 Kudos
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Has your vCenter Orchestrator Server service been restarted after adding your vCenter server to the configuration? Please be sure to review my tutorial/video on how to install vCO... perhaps you missed one step somewhere..

Visit me at http://www.vcoteam.info for vCenter Orchestrator tips and tutorials Smiley Happy

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you!

Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator
for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
Mohammad1982
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your answers. I added the server and restarted the services and it worked.

Thanks a ton for you help.

0 Kudos