VMware Cloud Community
sappomannoz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

User Interaction - LdapUser/Group deprecated

Hello COMMUNITY!

I'm working on orchestrator 8.6 on a Workflow with a user interaction. The users allowed to answer it are determined at runtime.

I have seen that both LdapUser and LdapGroup are deprecated but are still the only types accepted by the user interaction workflow element. Is the user action element still supported or is it alse deprecated?

Moreover if I try to use the Server.searchLdapUsers method I get no results back.

So, it's still possible to use the "User Interaction" element with assigned determined at runtime?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sappomannoz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

So,

Server.searchLdapUsers(string,int) seems broken but 
Server.searchLdapGroups(string,int) seems to work.

😰
filosmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm having the same issue. Server.searchLdapUsers() generates this in vco-app-server.log:

com.vmware.o11n.security.csp.CspLdapFactory - Unsupported CSP query type: 5.

0 Kudos
LoganDS
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

All,

Please see the below information:

1/ the Server.searchLdapUsers() api is currently broken when configured with vRA auth provider
2/ Server.searchLdapGroups() is working when configured with vRA auth provider
3/ Server.getLdapElement() is working when configured with vRA auth provider but the search term must be supplied in the following format - user@domain. This would search for the provided user and return the Ldap object if found.

Please try testing with Option 3.  

We will be releasing a fix in a later release for Option 1.

0 Kudos
sappomannoz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @LoganDS ,

after updating to 8.11 it seems that it's no longer possible to assign values to variables of type LdapGroup in a script.

So how it's possible to use the user interaction workflow element?

0 Kudos