VMware Cloud Community
LukeRobertson
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading Orchestrator to PowerShell 3 and .Net 4

I've been having issues with a scheduled task on my Orchestrator server timing out that queries AD and I'm pretty sure its due to PowerShell 2 having a 120 second timeout with the AD module.  I'm planning on updating my Orchestrator server to PS 3 and .Net 4 since PS 3 does not have this timeout, and I'm wondering if anyone has already upgraded their servers to PS 3 and .Net 4 and if they have or haven't had any issues.

Thanks,

Luke

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I think the official support for PS 3 will come with the next update of vCO PS plug-in (to be released soon).

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is a technical preview version of PowerShell plugin v 1.0,. plugin here https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-25133.

This version resolves one known issue with PS v3. More specific there was an issue with plugin inventory when connecting to PowerShell v3,0 hosts.

Otherwise you can use even the old plugin to invoke/execute PowerShell scripts.

0 Kudos
GaryLBoone
Contributor
Contributor

Since I upgraded to Powershell 3.0 and .Net 4.0 - and now I'm also using the latest powershell plugin, my scripts bomb almost immediately with a System.OutofMemoryException. This does not happen on my Powershell 2.0 host. Is this another known issue?

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you could provide sample ps script and workflow causing out of memory exception and I will test it in our environment.

0 Kudos