VMware Cloud Community
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update Lease End Date vRO

I'm trying to update the lease expiration date of a deployment in vro.  I read this thread, and it gave me a good base to start with, but i can't seem to get the operations peice to work.

My end goal is to publish a link via email to the end user for POC boxes so they can extend the lease without any intervention.  I've attached the code i'm working with just to flesh out how everything works.

I have the code to grab all vm's expiring in less than 30 days and the code to grab the deployment catalog resource.  Just can't get the operations to populate.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you getting no operations for the deployment at all? It might be Entitlement related in that case which means that the vRA plugin user is not entitled to "see" the actions on the deployment. You can check the actions available by browsing the vRO inventory for the vRA plugin under Items. Each entry can be expanded to list the entitled actions and if 'Change Lease' is not shown there then that user is not included in the entitlement for that action

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you getting no operations for the deployment at all? It might be Entitlement related in that case which means that the vRA plugin user is not entitled to "see" the actions on the deployment. You can check the actions available by browsing the vRO inventory for the vRA plugin under Items. Each entry can be expanded to list the entitled actions and if 'Change Lease' is not shown there then that user is not included in the entitlement for that action

0 Kudos
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That was it.  i had not set the entitlements for the local group.

Thanks!

0 Kudos