VMware Cloud Community
bzjeurd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to get capacity or free space value with vCO vCenter plugin 5.5.1

Hello All,

As mentionned in the title, since I have migrated my vCO appliances from 5.1 (connected to 5.0 vCenters) to vCO 5.5.1 (connected to 5.5 vCenters Server Appliances) the capacity and freeSpace fields of a given Datastore show always 0 GB as value (though the provisonnedSpace displays a correct value).

I tried to use the datastore.summary.capacity and datastore.summary.freeSpace properties but they always return a 0 value.

Are these properties deprecated or unusable with the 5.5.1 plugin ?

Thank you for your help.

Bz

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Usually to resolves such kind of issues with missing properties or not updated values you should :

1. Take the latest available  technical preview version of the plugin from here (Technical Preview Version of VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for VMware vSphere 5.5.1)

2. Disable inventory service by setting property "com.vmware.o11n.vim.useInventoryService" to "false" (in vmo.properties).

• Possibility to disable use of inventory service by setting the value of the java system property "com.vmware.o11n.vim.useInventoryService" to "false" (in vmo.properties).

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Usually to resolves such kind of issues with missing properties or not updated values you should :

1. Take the latest available  technical preview version of the plugin from here (Technical Preview Version of VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for VMware vSphere 5.5.1)

2. Disable inventory service by setting property "com.vmware.o11n.vim.useInventoryService" to "false" (in vmo.properties).

• Possibility to disable use of inventory service by setting the value of the java system property "com.vmware.o11n.vim.useInventoryService" to "false" (in vmo.properties).

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
bzjeurd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanx igaydajiev

Disabling inventory service worked fine!

Bz.

0 Kudos