VMware Cloud Community
AS2E
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to answer user interaction as non-admin

Hi,

I have a problem answering user interactions as non-admin user. I set the security group attribute of the user interaction to an Active Directory group but the members of this group still don’t seem to be able to respond to it. At least I can’t see the waiting workflow tokens in the vCO Client or the vSphere Web Client.

I checked the server.log file for errors but there are none. Just lots of warnings like this, but I guess that’s normal as the user has no ‘Edit’ rights:

WARN  [DefaultVerifier] User LDAP-USER-[username] - domain\username doesn't have necessary rights 'Edit', required to execute operation on (VSOServer, _ROOT).

Could anyone help me with this? Am I missing something or might this be a bug? I’m on vCO 5.1.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Using the vCO Client, with "Run" selected in the drop-down box and "Home" selected in the left navigation pane, Click "Waiting for Input" in the right-pane of the client .... Can you see and answer the workflow inputs there? I suspect that maybe even there you won't be able to Smiley Sad

This is a bug that was introduced with the 5.x version of vCO and introduction of the integration with the vSphere Web Client. I expect to see this resolved in the next major release of vCO.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you!

Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator
for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
0 Kudos
AS2E
Contributor
Contributor

I can see the workflows waiting for interaction in the "Waiting for Input" section, but I don't see any way to answer them there. I guess that means I either have to wait for the next major release or I have to grant admin rights to all users who need to answer workflows. Do you know when this next major release will be released?

0 Kudos
radostin
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I think this issue has been fixed in version 5.1 Update 1 that has already been released. The fix provides a button in the "Waiting for Input" right pane that can be used to answer such a user interactions.

Regards,

Rado

0 Kudos
AS2E
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the hint. Does this update also enable to answer the workflows in vSphere Web Client? I don't really want the users to work with vCO Client...

0 Kudos