VMware Cloud Community
DBeasleyUL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Trouble getting REST to work with our ticketing system

After building servers my team has to fill out tickets to kick off a "validation workflow" to verify the server is up and configured as expected. Our ticketing system can accept numerous REST calls to automate this process and prevent us from manually filling out a form again. However it appears to use a type of authentication not necessarily supported by the REST plugin.

API Authentication Methods | Gemini Documentation

The link above is the article explaining the auth method. It's a combined username/key that are Base64 encoded. I have my username and password encoded but now I have no idea how to give this to the Orchestrator plugin properly to meet the demands of this API. I've tried numerous things like setting authentication to Basic-Shared and using "Basic" as the username and my encoded string in the "password' field, but no dice. I always get a 401 unauthorized back from Gemini. Can anyone shed light on how I might accomplish this? I've hit a brick wall here.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBeasleyUL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nevermind on this. After working with our web devs it turns out someone changed the authentication method from that goofy apikey driven one to NTLM. I tested that and can now query information without issue.

Ugh! Good news is I can move on now! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBeasleyUL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nevermind on this. After working with our web devs it turns out someone changed the authentication method from that goofy apikey driven one to NTLM. I tested that and can now query information without issue.

Ugh! Good news is I can move on now! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos