VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Transient REST plugin operations

I am having some difficulty figuring out the best way to achieve maintaining a single rest configuration for an in house service which has multiple servers running.  We have a load balancer in place but authentication is on a per server basis.  I know which server I have gotten authentication from and I then want to execute the operations against that server.  It seems like the transient rest host / operation is the way to go but I don't think I am quite grasping how to implement this from the sample workflow I see that utilizes the transient rest host.  The description of the transient rest operation sounds like what I want to use.  I do appear to have something that is working but I want to make sure I've done it correctly.  Here is my code:

var tmpHost = restHost;

var transientRestHost = RESTHostManager.createTransientHostFrom(tmpHost);

transientRestHost.url = baseUrl;

var theOperation = transientRestHost.addOperation(restOperation);

var request = theOperation.createRequest(inParamtersValues, null);

So in the above code restHost is a REST host I have defined in the plugin.

baseUrl is a new base Url which I get along with my authentication toke.

restOperation is one of the operations I have defined along with that restHost in the plugin

At no point am I making use of the RESTHostManager.createTransientOperationFrom function of the REST Manager.  I mucked around with it but couldn't seem to get anything working.  The above code seems to work but I am wondering if it is overkill.  From the description of the transientRestOperation it sounded like what I wanted.  Running the operation with a modified base url but I can't figure out how i would pass that information in.

0 Kudos
0 Replies