VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Specify a root object... does this work when rendering in the vSphere web client?

I have some workflows I have been working on that I intend to run from within the vSphere web client.  It doesn't seem as if the "Specify a root object" definitions I have setup are being honored in the vSphere web client.  They always seem to show the whole inventory.  When I run the same workflow in the full client everything displays correctly.  Does this just not work in the web client or is there some tweak I am missing to get this to behave?

2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There are some technical difficulties (due to different implementation of object choosers in vRO and Web Client) to make the choosers work reliably with root object definition. Could be changed in some future release but at the moment there is no commitment to any specific release date/version.

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The inconsistencies between the web views, full client, vSphere web client, and vRA catalog might put me in the insane asylum before they all work somewhat similar...:smileycry: