VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Spaces in scheduled workflow name causes silent fail.

When scheduling a workflow if there are any spaces in the name you give the scheduled task the workflow never executes.  If this is by design I shouldn't be able to enter them as input.  Sorry if I need to RTFM but really put up an error or something.  I view this as a bug.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
maverix7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is no problem if there are spaces in the name of the task or the workflow. Maybe your issue is different. Can you check if there is something in the logs?

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I just created a new task to run every 5 minutes.  So far it is working.  I think the tasks I scheduled below did run once but only once and got the error below on subsequent attempts.

2012-11-04 11:37:04.082-0800 ERROR [Execution] Unable to execute a workflow, userToken is null
2012-11-04 11:37:04.082-0800 WARN  [TaskRunner] Unable to execute workflow from task
ch.dunes.util.DunesServerException: Unable to execute a workflow, userToken is null
at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.WorkflowEngine.executeNewWorkflow(WorkflowEngine.java:508)
at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.WorkflowEngine.executeNewWorkflowFromTask(WorkflowEngine.java:126)
at com.vmware.o11n.service.tasks.TaskRunner.execute(TaskRunner.java:78)
at com.vmware.o11n.service.tasks.RunnableTask.doRun(RunnableTask.java:67)
at ch.dunes.mbean.util.scheduler.SchedulableRunnable.run(SchedulableRunnable.java:154)
at ch.dunes.mbean.util.scheduler.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:236)
0 Kudos
maverix7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did the error appear after you scheduled a workflow and closed the vCO client? If so, this is a know issue and a fix for it will be provided for U1. Unfortunately there is no workaround for it except keeping the client opened

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have done some additional testing and if I schedule an hourly reoccuring workflow then things seem to work indefintely... no matter what I try I cannot get a daily job to work.  I tried leaving the Orchestrator client open but it still will not execute.  Occasionally ( I can't seem to figure out why ) it will launch once but never again after that.

0 Kudos