VMware Cloud Community
pgk
Contributor
Contributor

Simple workFlow run not logging anything the 'Logs' tab.

System.log doesn't log anything in the 'Logs' tab.  It used to work before , any help will be much appreciated. Using 5.5.1 version.

6 Replies
cdecanini_
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This happens when the vRO server and the client are not time synched.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for vCenter Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @vCOTeam on Twitter
0 Kudos
pgk
Contributor
Contributor

Tried with the sync , it didnt help . I also upgraded the client to 5.5.2 . Still no luck.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Briefly checked it in my 5.5.2 environment - seems to work fine.

Perhaps a silly question to ask, but are you sure that the empty 'Logs' tabs you are seeing are not for older workflow executions (if you close the client and open it again, the logs for previous executions will not be visible)?

0 Kudos
pgk
Contributor
Contributor

Are you sure that the empty 'Logs' tabs you are seeing are not for older workflow executions ?

Yes , I am talking about the live running workflows which doesn't produce any logging on logs tab.

It used work for me before , where I used 5.5.1 client to connect both the 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 vRO servers. Not sure what could be the cause, I will try out on a different machine with fresh vRO client. 

0 Kudos
pgk
Contributor
Contributor

I tried in different machines. System.log() , still doesn't output on the logs tab. See that its logging in the server.log , some how I will proceed with my debug.

I thought , Server.log() should log in the server.log file. System.log() in the logs tab.   

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not exactly.

• Server.log() messages are persisted in the database. Available on 'Events' tab of the workflow execution.
  • System.log() messages are not persisted in the database. Available on 'Logs' tab (if the client is open during workflow execution) and also in server.log file. Closing and reopening the client removes them from 'Logs' tab.