VMware Cloud Community
sappomannoz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Scheduler - Credentials expiry

Hullo,

I have periodically to re-enter credentials in the scheduler, since they are expiring.

Is there a way to set this expiration time?

Cristiano

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

There is a job running in the background which periodically "renew" the authentication tokens for the scheduled workflows.

Note that the authentication providers, for example VMware Single Sign-On server, usually impose a limit on how many times an authentication token can be renewed, which automatically puts an upper limit for maximum lifetime of an authentication token.

So I'd suggest to check with the team which supports your authentication provider to check if there are configuration options that configure default token lifetime and number of times the token can be renewed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

There is a job running in the background which periodically "renew" the authentication tokens for the scheduled workflows.

Note that the authentication providers, for example VMware Single Sign-On server, usually impose a limit on how many times an authentication token can be renewed, which automatically puts an upper limit for maximum lifetime of an authentication token.

So I'd suggest to check with the team which supports your authentication provider to check if there are configuration options that configure default token lifetime and number of times the token can be renewed.

0 Kudos
sappomannoz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi IlianIliev​,

thanks, I will ask that to myself. In this case it's the SSO of a VRA appliances.

I will have to dig trough the documentation.

0 Kudos