VMware Cloud Community
scrappydoo99
Contributor
Contributor

SSL Page Accessibility Issues

We are building a new server that will be used to remotely kick off Orchestrator workflows using the web service (https://<servername>:8281/vco/vmware-vmo-webcontrol/webservice).  We ran Windows Update on the new server so that we are fully up to date.  Now when we try to access the URL to our Orchestrator server, we cannot connect.  If we open the URL in Internet Explorer, it returns with "This page can't be displayed".  If we open the URL with Google Chrome, we receive a bit more info stating that "This site can't provide a secure connection".  More details provided from Chrome state "The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite".

The Orchestrator environments that have this issue are running on 5.5 and 6.0.  We also have a new environment running on 6.0.3 that was accessible from the new server.  We found another article on here saying to change the cipher value in the server.xml file, but that did not fix our issue. Does anyone know of any other fixes or workarounds for this issue other than to upgrade to 6.0.3?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hazenet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't know if the issue you are have is 100% like this, but have a look at this thread:

cannot access vRO appliance web page with Firefox 39.0

0 Kudos
scrappydoo99
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Mads.  I forgot to paste the link in my original post, but that was the thread that we already tried with no success.

0 Kudos
Hazenet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On a side note:

I would suggest to move away from the SOAP API, as it was already deprecated in vRO 6, and have been removed in vRO 7.

Instead go with the REST API on the vRO Server.

(Don't know if it will have any influence on your current problem)

0 Kudos