VMware Cloud Community
Titanomachia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SRM Plugin for vRO 6.0

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting the plugin to pick up the SRM sites. I have tried the SRM 6.0 plugin with vRO 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 and neither work. vRO is using SSO and every other plugin works as expected. The platform is:

• Two vCenter 6 with embedded PSCs (both joined to Orchestrator);
  • vSphere Replication 6 (plugin works fine);
  • SRM 6.0 (all works in the Web Client, not reported issues).

I have reinstalled the plugin and there are no errors in vRO Configuration portal.

Does anyone know what could be the issue?

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

SRM plug-in is developed by SRM team, not by vRO team. I guess SRM guys are not monitoring this forum actively, so I forwarded this thread to one of their developers.

Meantime, could you provide more info on what exactly doesn't work? The plug-in does not get deployed, or cannot connect to SRM machine(s), or something else? Are there any errors in vRO and/or SRM log files?

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I got the following response from SRM team:

Version 6.0 of the SRM plugin has two new configuration workflows which should be executed before you start your work with the plugin:

- Configure Local Sites - imports all local SRM certificates - then you will see local sites in the inventory

- Configure Remote Sites - imports remote LS and VC certificates of the selected local site

These workflows should be executed only once after plugin install.

0 Kudos
Titanomachia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ilian,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have these workflows. All I have under 'Configuration' is 'Login Remote Site'. I have checked all the other predefined workflows and these do not exist.

The Release Notes indicate that no configuration is required

After you install the Orchestrator Plug-In for Site Recovery Manager, the plug-in automatically discovers the Site Recovery Manager Server instances on both sites.

NOTE: Orchestrator uses vCenter Single-Sign On. To use the Orchestrator Plug-In for Site Recovery Manager, use the vCenter Single Sign-On credentials to log into vSphere Web Client or the Orchestrator client.

After you install the Orchestrator Plug-In for Site Recovery Manager, you find the Site Recovery Manager workflows in the vSphere Web Client:

1. Go to vRealize Orchestrator > Workflows view in the vSphere Web Client.
  2. Expand the hierarchy to navigate to the vRO Servers > vco_server > Library > SRM folder.

Before you can run the Site Recovery Manager workflows, you must first run the Library >SRM > Configuration > Login Remote Site workflow to log into Site Recovery Manager on the remote site. You must run this workflow once per Orchestrator Client session. The Login workflow logs out of Site Recovery Manager when you log out of the Orchestrator client.

0 Kudos
yivanova
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I suppose that Component Manager is not configured in vRO (Orchestrator Configuration -> General -> vSphere Configuration).

Can you please press SRM node in the vRO inventory and then attach the vRO log.

Best Regards,

Yana Ivanova

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I had the same issue and it was resolved by configuring "Component Manager" in vRO Configuration context. (Orchestrator Configuration -> General -> vSphere Configuration).

NOTE _ This should be updated in the Release Notes as a requirement for the plugin. It was missing from the 5.8 Plugin Release notes as well.

0 Kudos