VMware Cloud Community
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Run multiple workflow inside a workflow.

Hi all,

I am using orchestrator 7.1. I want to run multiple workflow inside a workflow. As you can see image at below ; I want to create a user after organization created. Second workflow input value depends on first workflow output value.

You will understand what i want when you look image at below.

workflow.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Is the string 'Organization Name' shown on the image an input parameter of the first workflow? Or an output parameter?

If it is an input and the first workflow returns a created organization object of type vCloud:Organization (the same type as the input of the second workflow), then you can add an attribute of the outer workflow of type vCloud:Organization, then bind the output of the first workflow to this attribute (using the tab 'Visual Binding' available when you open the workflow for edit), and then bind the attribute to the input of the second workflow.

If this is not the case (eg. the first workflow doesn't return vCloud:Organization object), then please attach these 2 workflows here s owe can check what are their inputs/outputs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Is the string 'Organization Name' shown on the image an input parameter of the first workflow? Or an output parameter?

If it is an input and the first workflow returns a created organization object of type vCloud:Organization (the same type as the input of the second workflow), then you can add an attribute of the outer workflow of type vCloud:Organization, then bind the output of the first workflow to this attribute (using the tab 'Visual Binding' available when you open the workflow for edit), and then bind the attribute to the input of the second workflow.

If this is not the case (eg. the first workflow doesn't return vCloud:Organization object), then please attach these 2 workflows here s owe can check what are their inputs/outputs.

0 Kudos
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Lian,

as you said, there are output parameters as vcoud:organiztion. I sent this output parameters to second workflow source parameter for  vcloud:organization.

Thanks for your helps

0 Kudos