we are using the Client Authentication with the Rest Plugin in vRO 8.6.0 without any issues.
We have deployed a new vRO instance in Version 8.8.2 and have problems with the Client Authentication. The Workflow (Export / Import) and the REST API is the same (CyberArkt Central Credential Provider), the same Key/Certificate is imported.
We can see that the ID of the Certificate is used in the Logfile (privateKeyId), but the Webserver of the REST API don't see the Client Certifcate.
Does somebody know if something was changed in the latest releases or a solution for the problem?
If you haven't yet read all the release notes between the two versions of both vRA and vRO. I did have some weird issues with the Rest plugin a little while back which I believe were resolved concerning rest hosts with authentication type set to none and using a transient rest host. Also, I think there are many small changes which may not always be called out in the release notes so you might want to open a support ticket.
They did just release 8.9 so if you can maybe upgrade to that version and verify prior to opening a support case and who knows maybe it will automagically work in that version.
Check the chapter "Previously Known Issues" from
There are many known issues related to REST and authentication that might also affect you.
Looks like in yesterday's release of 8.9.1 there is a new Rest plugin with some fixes. Might want to try upgrading to that version or upgrading just the plugin to and see if you still have issues before opening a ticket with support.
Thanks a lot for the hints.
I've found a page were I can download the REST Plugin, and there are also a better Release Notes of the Plugin (https://communities.vmware.com/t5/vRealize-Orchestrator-Documents/Technical-Preview-version-of-VMwar...
It seems that a modification in Version 2.4.1-19272162 had broken the Client Certificate functionality in my case (Text from Release note: "Fix choosing wrong client certificate when multiple certificates are uploaded to the same keystore").
The version before this Version (2.4.1-18776473) works in my case with the Client Certificate (I have only one certificate in the key store).
I will test the new REST plugin version from 8.9.1 as soon as I can download it separately.
Otherwise I will search for someone on our site who can open a support case so that it will be fixed.